Barebow Rules Quary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barebow Rules Quary

Can a 48 inch horse bow be used in the bare bow recurve division for competition shoots . Also can a Genises compound youth bow with no draw length stops be used in the bare bow compound division for competition.

I know someone who has entered a few barebow recurve comps using his horse bow so I'm guessing it must be ok, well that or he's just been lucky

Comment

I've seen a number of Genesis bows shot in barebow compound, and I'm not aware of any rule that requires a compound to have draw stops.
      sigpic
      Viper Strings

Comment

Here's a thought.

Did you ever consider checking the rules yourself?

I mean, they are hidden away behind a large open website that can be easily found by google and it will actually involve "reading".

This sort of requirement does actually rule it out for a lot of people.

If you're feeling brave, have a go.
        Status is not defined by the amount of gear in your signature.
        Performance cannot be purchased.

"The Internet offers everything - except quality control" - K. Anders Ericsson.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy! View Post
          Here's a thought.

Did you ever consider checking the rules yourself?

I mean, they are hidden away behind a large open website that can be easily found by google and it will actually involve "reading".

This sort of requirement does actually rule it out for a lot of people.

If you're feeling brave, have a go.
          Now wheres the fun in that
          3 Prices in life
          1 The price you paid
          2 The price you told her you paid
          3 The you pay when she finds out the real price you paid

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us that who do

Comment

Originally posted by Robert43 View Post
            Now wheres the fun in that
            Like my old Schools metal work room used to have a big sign if all else fails read the instructions
            3 Prices in life
            1 The price you paid
            2 The price you told her you paid
            3 The you pay when she finds out the real price you paid

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us that who do

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy View Post
              Can a 48 inch horse bow be used in the bare bow recurve division for competition shoots . Also can a Genises compound youth bow with no draw length stops be used in the bare bow compound division for competition.
              As far as I know it's yes to both. I shoot both disciplines and I know of no impediment in the rules to either. Having said that many judges do not have a clear understanding of barebow rules. So it's worth checking the regs on the AA website and downloading a copy to carry with you if you go to comps. It's also worth having a talk with the judge/judges who are likely to run your local comps/QREs. That might prevent any misunderstandings on the day. All judges have a very clear understanding of freestyle compound and Olympic Recurve but not so much with the more esoteric disciplines.
              "Courtesy is free; it just requires making the effort not to be rude."

Comment

I have heard that if the limbs have stitched leather covers with the stitching visible to the archer then you may have to cover that up (could be used as elevation markers). From the WA rules:

22.3. For the Barebow Division the following items are permitted:
                22.3.1. A bow of any type provided it complies with the common meaning of the word bow as used in target archery, that is, an instrument consisting of a handle (grip), riser (no shoot-through type) and two flexible limbs each ending in a tip with a string nock. The bow is braced for use by a single string attached directly between the two string nocks, and in operation is held in one hand by its handle (grip) while the fingers of the other hand draw and release the string.
                The bow as described above shall be bare except for the arrow rest and free from protrusions, sights or sight marks, marks or blemishes or laminated pieces (within the bow window area) which could be of use in aiming. The unbraced bow complete with permitted accessories shall be capable of passing through a hole or ring with a 12.2cm inside diameter +/-0.5mm.
                22.3.1.1. Multi-coloured bow risers, and trademarks located on the inside of the upper and lower limb or on the riser are permitted. However if the area within the sight window is coloured in such a way that it could be used for aiming, then it must be taped over.

Comment

Originally posted by Mormegil View Post
                  I have heard that if the limbs have stitched leather covers with the stitching visible to the archer then you may have to cover that up (could be used as elevation markers).
                  That would be so if the stitching was on the belly of the bow and was visible in the sight window. However traditionally stitching is on the back of the bow, and rarely within the sight window. When you have a bow inspection, which is now being enforced by our local judges at the commencement of any comp, they will look down at the back of the sight window to look for any mark or blemish that could aid in aiming. I have on occasion been made to run a length of tape up the bow. Pretty silly really as I string walk, but rules is rules.

Comment

Evening.

http://www.worldarchery.org/HOME/Rul...07---June-2009

Read the comments under Horsebow
                    Regards, Grahame.

Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

Kathy Kirby

Imagineering is Creative.

Comment

Great bit of info. I was not even aware that WA had addressed horsebow issues. It looks as though you could shoot them in Olympic Recurve as well? That could be fun, if not humiliating. A test of character maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert43 View Post
                        Like my old Schools metal work room used to have a big sign if all else fails read the instructions
                        That works well if the kids can read.

Comment

Recurve bow with a Tec-Bar able to pass the 12.2cm ring, is it legal to be used in BB Recurve Competitions?
                          If not, please provide reference to the section of any of the rule books stating the illegality of Tec-Bar (I'm unable to find any except the 12.2cm rule)

thanks

Comment

Is it likely that the rulebook is going to specifically reference a "tec-bar" or allow the ring to sort that out?
                            Status is not defined by the amount of gear in your signature.
                            Performance cannot be purchased.

"The Internet offers everything - except quality control" - K. Anders Ericsson.

Comment

If I remember, when they brought out the Ion X, it was mentioned that it wouldn't be useable in BB competition because it didn't fit the 12.2cm ring. A quick scan through some photos from the WA field champs doesn't show any Hoyt tec risers being used for BB, but there is the Greenhorn (I think) that has a forward tec bar.

Comment

Working...
                              X