No announcement yet.

New 60lb rule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, if I was to go over the discussions about rule changes and additions in the ten years of being involved in archery and this forum, I would categorise their stages as:
    1. Introduce concept of new rule.
    2. Discuss wildly outrageous consequences.
    3. Random expressions of outrage.
    4. Experience not the merest change for the ever lengthening time since the new rule. Everyone forgets about how it was going to contribute to the downfall of humanity.
    Status is not defined by the amount of gear in your signature.
    Performance cannot be purchased.

"The Internet offers everything - except quality control" - K. Anders Ericsson.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy! View Post
      Actually, if I was to go over the discussions about rule changes and additions in the ten years of being involved in archery and this forum, I would categorise their stages as:
      1. Introduce concept of new rule.
      2. Discuss wildly outrageous consequences.
      3. Random expressions of outrage.
      4. Experience not the merest change for the ever lengthening time since the new rule. Everyone forgets about how it was going to contribute to the downfall of humanity.
      You forgot
      5. Rules changed back to original rule with archers forgetting this was once a rule and declaring the End of Days.
      Urban Archery
      Carbon Express
      Beiter
      Truball/Axcel
      Redback Strings

Before enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water
      After enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water

Comment

Clause 6.1.3 Not use in any archery activity a bow (other than a crossbow) that, in the case of a compound bow has a peak draw weight exceeding 60lbs, or in the case of any other bow, a maximum draw weight exceeding 60lbs as measured at the archer's draw length.
        Status is not defined by the amount of gear in your signature.
        Performance cannot be purchased.

"The Internet offers everything - except quality control" - K. Anders Ericsson.

Comment

In these things you need to think about what happens if something goes wrong.
          For example, suppose an archer draws a bow incorrectly, releases unexpectedly (can happen for a variety of reasons) and shoots an arrow well over the targets. For example, at DVA that could have an arrow land in the golf course. Suppose it hit someone.

What happens then is that a whole lot of people end up in court. It would be at least the archer and the club president and probably an expert witness (likely me).
          The first question from the lawyer would be something like "what are the rules?"
          That is easy - you simply point to the relevant AA and WA rules.
          (The expert witness would be asked to explain those rules and what that meant that the archer should have done).

The next question would be "Did the archer know the rules?"
          If yes, then the archer has a major problem.
          If no, the club president has a major problem.

If I was the club president I would be having a big sign displayed prominently in the clubhouse covering those rules and noting that they are to be rigorously enforced.
          It is then putting it straight back on the archer to comply.
          Scout strings and stabilisers
          Accurate Sights
          Titan Scopes

Comment

Working...
          X