No announcement yet.

New 60lb rule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, if I was to go over the discussions about rule changes and additions in the ten years of being involved in archery and this forum, I would categorise their stages as:
    1. Introduce concept of new rule.
    2. Discuss wildly outrageous consequences.
    3. Random expressions of outrage.
    4. Experience not the merest change for the ever lengthening time since the new rule. Everyone forgets about how it was going to contribute to the downfall of humanity.
    Status is not defined by the amount of gear in your signature.
    Performance cannot be purchased.

"The Internet offers everything - except quality control" - K. Anders Ericsson.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy! View Post
      Actually, if I was to go over the discussions about rule changes and additions in the ten years of being involved in archery and this forum, I would categorise their stages as:
      1. Introduce concept of new rule.
      2. Discuss wildly outrageous consequences.
      3. Random expressions of outrage.
      4. Experience not the merest change for the ever lengthening time since the new rule. Everyone forgets about how it was going to contribute to the downfall of humanity.
      You forgot
      5. Rules changed back to original rule with archers forgetting this was once a rule and declaring the End of Days.
      Urban Archery
      Carbon Express
      Beiter
      Truball/Axcel
      Redback Strings

Before enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water
      After enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water

Comment

Clause 6.1.3 Not use in any archery activity a bow (other than a crossbow) that, in the case of a compound bow has a peak draw weight exceeding 60lbs, or in the case of any other bow, a maximum draw weight exceeding 60lbs as measured at the archer's draw length.
        Status is not defined by the amount of gear in your signature.
        Performance cannot be purchased.

"The Internet offers everything - except quality control" - K. Anders Ericsson.

Comment

Working...
        X