Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to upgrade my compund bow need some advice please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to upgrade my compund bow need some advice please.

Hi there. I am currently looking to get back into archery and need some advice on bow upgrades. Im looking to shoot target compound, and possibly field. I am embarrassed to say i currently own a redzone with a draw length way to long for me its a 31 inch and i need around 28 to 29. I have been doing a lot of research and have narrowed down to 3 bows.

My local bow shop believes i should get a mission hype dtx he will full kit me with release aid and arrow inc setup for 800. I do like this bow and the full kit is tempting.

I have also veen looking closely at rts package of the bear cruiser g2. And now i am interested in the Hoyt clash.

I believe they are all great bows. I was just after some advise from experienced archers with pros and cons as Its a big purchase for me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have no experience of the Hype by Mission. I do however on the Craze.
    I believe Mission make good starter bows, but they are particularly good quality. You do get what you pay for.
    I found the cam bearing surface used in the Craze to wear prematurely, resulting in serious cam lean.
    If you can check or ask if any of these bows have actual steel bearing in there cams, I think this would be the better choice.
    If you are young and growing then the adjustability of the Mission maybe the choise until stop growing.

Comment

Originally posted by wormo
      I have no experience of the Hype by Mission. I do however on the Craze.
      I believe Mission make good starter bows, but they are particularly good quality. You do get what you pay for.
      I found the cam bearing surface used in the Craze to wear prematurely, resulting in serious cam lean.
      If you can check or ask if any of these bows have actual steel bearing in there cams, I think this would be the better choice.
      If you are young and growing then the adjustability of the Mission maybe the choise until stop growing.
      I am an adult looking to get back into the sport. I am looking for a bow that i can start with a lower poundage until my form is better then increase.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

For what it’s worth, I think the Mission range are more suited to those that are young and growing. There are probably better deals to be had for Rak type bows. Note these too, may come in the above category as I’m no expert.
        Good luck
        Last edited by wormo; 7th March 2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

The Hype is a really nice bow. Heaps of adults get a great start in the sport with them
          Urban Archery
          Carbon Express
          Beiter
          Truball/Axcel
          Redback Strings

Before enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water
          After enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water

Comment

Not sure what the Aus pricing is, but Mybo Origin has a fair amount of adjustment and mid-priced. I think PSE have a range of bows suitable for adults with adjustments. Chris
            "I used to read, but it's faster to make up stuff" - Wally (Dilbert)

Comment

Working...
            X