No announcement yet.

Recurve bow arrow dynamic behaviour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's that file again, seeing as it got lost.

http://www.glide.net.au/recurvemodel.zip

Links to .NET 3.5, 3.5 SP1 and MS Chart

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/down...ils.aspx?id=21

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/down....aspx?id=25150

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=14422
    Last edited by Andy!; 8th August 2017, 09:06 PM.
    Status is not defined by the amount of gear in your signature.
    Performance cannot be purchased.

"The Internet offers everything - except quality control" - K. Anders Ericsson.

Comment

Thank you Andy!

Some years ago I was only able to get the program running onto a Windows 95 System.
      Does anyone know, does it works under Windows 7 (64 Bit) too and what the System need for?

Comment

It works fine under windows 7.

Comment

NET 3.5 SP1 and MS Chart necessary to download, or still installed in Win 7?

Comment

Did it ever occur to you to find out by experimentation, or just follow the original instructions?
            You have had ample time to do both, even at dial up speeds to pull down the information.

Comment

Meanwhile...
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Install Arrow dynamics.PNG Views:	1 Size:	12.1 KB ID:	303318

The PC is not mine, so don't want do something wrong.
              And yes, the owner (or 'system administator') is a honk in these thinks just as I - if you want to say that.

Little bit confusing:
              NET 3.5 installation seemed as did not work - maybe because it IS already installed...
              MS Chart was the key to run the program.
              Works fine now, also at this PC.
              (Yes, learning the ropes... nobody is perfect. If Admin wants, delete my stupid questions above.)
              Last edited by b_der_k_te; 6th October 2017, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Yes, you need to have MS Chart. (I have changed the program a while ago to automatically install MS Chart, but the early downloads did not).
                Scout strings and stabilisers
                Accurate Sights
                Titan Scopes

Comment

This is a very cool program. I put my current setup in and it came up pretty much spot on, including brace height, if I increased the Force Draw scale to just 1.01.

But then I tried it on the new bow I am trying to set up and I needed quite a bit more draw force than the program predicted to get it to tune. If I put the lowest allowable draw force scale the predicted draw force is still a bit less than I actually need to get it to tune.

The old setup has SF Carbon Foam limbs and the new one is SF Carbon Fibre Limbs (I am planning to upgrade them but it is what I have in this draw weight). Could the fibre limbs be that much less efficient than the carbon limbs? I was really hoping I could test things out with relatively cheap limbs and then upgrade with confidence that the setup would work with only minor tweaking, but perhaps not

Comment

How accurate do you reckon your weight measurement is?

Comment

[I just realised I'm not getting notifications and I think I have all the right things ticked in my account]

Hmm. Well it is a digital scale with a resolution of 0.01kg and done on a drawbench. Resolution != accuracy but I think I'm easily getting repeatability of less than 0.5 Newtons (approx 0.05kg) which is the resolution in the program.

In an absolute sense there is an issue working out the draw weight since the hook on the scales is not the same as my fingers, but since I am comparing two setups with the same measuring technique, I don't think the absolute accuracy matters that much.
                      Last edited by iandall; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

The resolution and repeatability isn't so much the problem. While I'm super happy with buying digital scales, I've also bought a crapload of them from ebay and other suppliers in the last few years. My trick is to stack them all up, then TARE them, then put the same weight on them all.
                        In a group of identical stacked scales, they typically are super consistent in terms of repeatable, but vary in terms of accuracy.

Unless you've got a calibrated weight to test against, it's more likely that they're reading out than accurate.

I've really got to get my neighbor to take my 60lb weight to his work and get them to adjust it with the lead dust.

The software is capable enough to really get kicked out of whack if your scale isn't accurate and archers seem to have a bit of a cavalier attitude towards scale accuracy.
                        It's why so many don't agree with the arrow selection charts..

Comment

Working...
                        X