CBE Vertix Elevate Sight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBE Vertix Elevate Sight

Last week I got the new CBE Vertix Elevate sight. I heard mention of a new CBE early in the year and have been keen to try it since. I've always liked CBE sights and since selling my last Vertex really missed it.
    The main thing I always liked about them was how solid they are. Rattles just didn't happen and they have always been dependable.
    I also loved the metal sight tapes.

Getting the new sight the first thing that jumped out was how light it is. Weighing it compared to the new Axcel XP had the Axcel 8 grams lighter than the CBE. So comparable.
    The new CBE now has both rapid travel and micro-click adjustment without locking screws. This is a nice upgrade for the CBE range which have either but not both.

The changeable block is super simple. It just slides out and has a locating block that locks it back into place. So far I've been taking it on and off with no problems. From an expensive point of view it should be super cheap with the CBE to have multiple scope setups, especially compared to other brands.

The sight itself is $615. But the sight with an extra block should come out hundreds cheaper than the competition.

Using the sight I've found all the clicks and movements super solid and positive. I've shot a few field rounds already and shot PB scores on all of them so far. While a sight doesn't help with shot execution, it's more indicative on how well it was moving and easy to set.

The metal sight tapes are awesome.

The CBE Elevate does everything the new Axcel XP does, but a lot cheaper. The XP does look nicer, and I preferred the look of the older CBE extension bar. However with multiple scopes it's a lot more to pay.
    Alot of people have said it looks like a Shibuya clone. It really doesn't. The only similarity is the sight pin window.

Worth checking out the new CBE.

Urban Archery
    Carbon Express
    Beiter
    Truball/Axcel
    Redback Strings

Before enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water
    After enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water

Marcus
    thanks for the review, I have been looking at these.
    Just one question how would you go about pairing this with an Axcel AV scope?
    Are the yoke tubes the same size?
    thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mick-d View Post
      Marcus
      thanks for the review, I have been looking at these.
      Just one question how would you go about pairing this with an Axcel AV scope?
      Are the yoke tubes the same size?
      thanks
      Sadly no. I thought at first they might be and was super excited by that, but the CBE one is slightly smaller preventing the Axcel one being used. I run the Shrewd scope rod and was hoping to just slide in.
      Will still work as the AV does attach to non-Axcel sights.
      Urban Archery
      Carbon Express
      Beiter
      Truball/Axcel
      Redback Strings

Before enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water
      After enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water

Comment

Working...
      X