Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With my Helix I have the Brace height about 9 3/8"

Comment

I'd be very cautious about cutting X-10s from the back unless you have already reached your maximaum trim amount from the front.
      I have no problem with alcohol-free days; I have them all the time. It is the evenings I have trouble with.

Comment

I have been cutting length of the back of x10's for about 4 years. I know what im doing. 1" off the back is equal to about 1 spin stiffer. 2" is the limit and should only be limited to compounds. 1/2" is more than safe and should bring the shafts back into tune. Alternatively If i need a little more I could take some turns off the limb bolts to bring the poundage down a tad.
        Keep an open mind.....Woops something fell out!

Comment

Adjusting the limb bolts is a *much* better idea than trimming X-10's from the back to bring them into tune. Why would you even consider that unless you are finding 380's too weak? Have you looked at the link from my earlier post?

By the way, I don't think there's anything mystical about the Helix. Apart from the lovely grip and the different plunger position, the geometry is similar to most other Hoyt risers. It feels nice to shoot, but personally I was not sufficiently moved to change from my Matrix.
          I have no problem with alcohol-free days; I have them all the time. It is the evenings I have trouble with.

Comment

Well as Mentioned I am comming from an Exfeel. Shot my helix last night. Well liked it.

Trimming the back of the shaft will make the shafts act stiffer than the actual spine. My shafts were showing wippy after a quick tuning check last night. Im happy with the current poundage and dont think adjusting the tiller will do enough to bring them back. Maybe this as well as a trim job will do the trick. Time will tell. I have trimed x10s from the back before. Its a good way of gaining stiffness without gaining weight by going up a spine.
            Keep an open mind.....Woops something fell out!

Comment

Originally posted by Death Damsel
              Yeah, yeah, when my arrows arrive......
              Gotta be soon
              Just thought everyone would like to know that my arrows have arrived and I have managed to tune them to my lovely Helix and it is such a nice bow to shoot I think I'll never venture outdoors again.....

Comment

yeah, with your new 'high poundage' helix you'll be buff in no time

Comment

Death Damsel turns to Ash in the sunlight

Comment

Originally posted by 2Dogs
                    so... was he a vampire?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by 2Dogs
                      Yeah, who's Ash?
                      Can you order him on line?
                      Vampire Guys R Us perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Ja
                        yeah, with your new 'high poundage' helix you'll be buff in no time
                        See answer number 2 below.....

Comment

Working...
                        X