• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Eddy
    Can you give me some detail on equipment and shot sequence

I need to get in your head during the shot
    Cheers Bruce

Comment

• Hi Everyone... A quick note to say I've retired from all archery. I still have a couple of commitments to see through that I accepted a couple of years ago, however apart from those I'm not doing any more archery coaching. After 35 years in the sport its time to commit to my next career as a professional portrait artist. You can see some of my portraits in my photo album on my facebook page. I''ve long ago achieved all my personal goals in the sport and coached and helped a lot of local and International champions achieve there own goals at National, World and Olympic Level. I've lost count the number of National and World titles my elite archers have won. Thinking back I think my greatest satisfaction came from working through Target Panic issues with struggling archers and seeing them come out the other side as strong confident shooters. Over the years I've designed a program for teaching the Mental Process to archers and I will be taking those techniques and adapting them to cue sports, where I am now getting more involved. Archery has been great to me over the years, having made a living from the sport as the first full time professional back in the early 90's and pioneeering the acceptability for charging for archery coaching back in NZ.. At some stage when I get a chance I will be having a garage sale and clearing out 35 years of archery gear. A lot ot tools and LH equipment.. First in first served.
      I'm still happy to answer any queries you may have, I just wont be available to stand on the line any more.. As you are standing on the line or the peg, take a moment to reflect on our great challenging sport and enjoy the journey, as you will only pass by this way once. Cheers Bruce

Comment

• And your coaching book is coming out..... when?
        Status is not defined by the amount of gear in your signature.
        Performance cannot be purchased.

"The Internet offers everything - except quality control" - K. Anders Ericsson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy! View Post
          And your coaching book is coming out..... when?
          Put me down for one.

Thanks and all the best Bruce.

Cheers

Pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by bruce johnson View Post
            Hi Everyone... A quick note to say I've retired from all archery. I still have a couple of commitments to see through that I accepted a couple of years ago, however apart from those I'm not doing any more archery coaching. After 35 years in the sport its time to commit to my next career as a professional portrait artist. You can see some of my portraits in my photo album on my facebook page. I''ve long ago achieved all my personal goals in the sport and coached and helped a lot of local and International champions achieve there own goals at National, World and Olympic Level. I've lost count the number of National and World titles my elite archers have won. Thinking back I think my greatest satisfaction came from working through Target Panic issues with struggling archers and seeing them come out the other side as strong confident shooters. Over the years I've designed a program for teaching the Mental Process to archers and I will be taking those techniques and adapting them to cue sports, where I am now getting more involved. Archery has been great to me over the years, having made a living from the sport as the first full time professional back in the early 90's and pioneeering the acceptability for charging for archery coaching back in NZ.. At some stage when I get a chance I will be having a garage sale and clearing out 35 years of archery gear. A lot ot tools and LH equipment.. First in first served.
            I'm still happy to answer any queries you may have, I just wont be available to stand on the line any more.. As you are standing on the line or the peg, take a moment to reflect on our great challenging sport and enjoy the journey, as you will only pass by this way once. Cheers Bruce
            Cheers Bruce and all the best for your career move.

As one of many you have personally helped with TP, I am truly grateful for the help you have given me over the last few years. While I didn't emerge as a "strong confident shooter" and strictly speaking my TP has never been cured, it is manageable and thanks to you, I am much happier with my shooting and still enjoy archery, which I was so close to giving up.

If you ever write that book, I will be after a signed copy!

Take care and I hope to catch up with a beer or two one day.

Comment

• Hi Bruce, even though we chat privately - I want to share my appreciation on this forum. You have been one of my biggest drives and you helped me achieve my archery goals with success. You are a hard Taskmaster!! I looked up the definition of this word Taskmaster to see if it really did match your personality and this is what it said -

1. A person, discipline, etc, that enforces work, esp hard or continuous work
              2. A person who regularly imposes difficult or demanding tasks

Well this is you for sure. Thanks for all your time, help and encouragement. I am passing a lot skills I learned from you to the archers I am coaching now with success.

See you on our trips to Aussie and I will email you about some archery stuff you have.
              Lou xx
              Competitive? Me?

Comment

• Hi All, a quick note to thank everyone for their PM's, very humbling.

NZLou, thank you for your post, of all the archers I have coached you were right up there with your dedication and commitment to your goals... you never ever gave up, hence my nickname for you...Lil Ferret. I hope your arm comes back good and strong and you continue your journey... you're one tough shooter to win a Moro Bar off...

Bruce

Comment

• For those looking for all the nuggets in this thread without reading 14 pages, here is the short story.

I have found this information to be a great refresher as well as motivation for further improvement.

Attached Files
                  YMMV

Comment

Working...
                  X