Mathews Top Hat Tune

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mathews Top Hat Tune

For the last 12 months I've been shooting a Mathews Halon X Comp. The first one I had I just shot it. DIdn't fuss with it at all. Great shooting bow. I then got one in a colour I wanted and decided to spend time getting it setup.
    I did this tuning method.
    With most bows I shoot I get bullet holes straight up, but the Halon X Comp I didn't. I followed this video and boom. Instantly fixed. Very easy to do. The thing I like about this is that once you do it, it can't change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaSB...&feature=share
    Urban Archery
    Carbon Express
    Beiter
    Truball/Axcel
    Redback Strings

Before enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water
    After enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water

Seems strange that this would be required to tune a new bow, Marcus ?
    Have you ever found tune issues with particular bows in the past ?

Style before fashion

Comment

• Marcus
      Marcus commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it's quite common for bows to require some adjustment when buying. It's similar to tweaking the yokes on a Hoyt bow, or adjusting the timing.
      The last 4-5 TRX's we've had come in have not required any adjustment.

I've been considering doing this but have been super slack of late. Good to know you have the top hats.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
      Seems strange that this would be required to tune a new bow, Marcus ?
      no different to adjusting the yoke legs on a Hoyt, surely? it's just the way you tune these.
      sigpic
      Viper Strings

Comment

Originally posted by scott p View Post

no different to adjusting the yoke legs on a Hoyt, surely? it's just the way you tune these.
        It doesn't appear difficult, however, I've owned a lot of bows, but never had to change cam components to achieve a reasonable tune.
        Style before fashion

Comment

neither have I, but then again I don't have any floating yoke bows, so I don't need to. it's the same concept as shimming a cam to control tracking. I'm glad they have the options available if people choose to go down that path.
          sigpic
          Viper Strings

Comment

Remember that the TRX doesn't have yokes so the only way to make small adjustments is to shim the cam tracks.
            PSE have their adjustable limb pocket now. Hoyt have a new bottom yoke and their top yoke systems. Bowtech runs yokes both ends. Its a nice change from the days when you have no options at all.
            Urban Archery
            Carbon Express
            Beiter
            Truball/Axcel
            Redback Strings

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus View Post
              Remember that the TRX doesn't have yokes so the only way to make small adjustments is to shim the cam tracks.
              PSE have their adjustable limb pocket now. Hoyt have a new bottom yoke and their top yoke systems. Bowtech runs yokes both ends. Its a nice change from the days when you have no options at all.
              My recent bows have "binary" style cams & haven't found it necessary for any rather invasive work, so this is somewhat surprising.
              Style before fashion

Comment

Remember that companies like Mathews can make 500,000 bows a year so it can be expected that some may need some tuning from the factory. Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
                Urban Archery
                Carbon Express
                Beiter
                Truball/Axcel
                Redback Strings

Comment

Working...
                X