Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mathews draw length adjustment

Hi guys,
    Interested in buying one of the TRX series bows. Was just wondering how you adjust the DL in small increments.My current bow is a Prime STX39 at 29.2 inches. Is there any adjustment in the module or cam? I have been told there isn't and you add or take out twist in the bus cables. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Andrew

if you need to adjust DL in increments below what the modules provide, you will need to tweak the cable lengths. cable stop mods don't run in a slot track like some limb stops where you can just slide the stop to where you want it and lock down.
    sigpic
    Viper Strings

Comment

Thanks Scott,

So if I want to get to 29.2, am I better to go 29.5 and add twists or 29 and let them out? Thanks.

Andrew

Comment

interested in other people's opinions on that one too.

my personal preference would be to go longer and add twists. the rationale being that additional twists in cables give you an increasing range of adjustment as the helix factor builds, whereas removing twists removes it, and maintaining a decent twist rate in cables helps keep them bundled, round and absorb shock. removing too many twists could potentially also loosen end serving.
        sigpic
        Viper Strings

Comment

Originally posted by Dawman View Post
          Thanks Scott,

So if I want to get to 29.2, am I better to go 29.5 and add twists or 29 and let them out? Thanks.

Andrew
          Chances are that the 29" module is going to be close to perfect for you.

Comment

Don't touch the main string! Only ever do small adjustments with the cables.
            However on the TRX and Halon series bows the cams will always try and return to their correct position, so micro adjustments don't work with cables. I put 15 twists in my cables and it moved it 1/16".
            The best way I have found is to use the D-Loop. I ended up going a shorter modules and lengthened the Dloop and it was great.
            If you do go the cables then go shorter mods and twist up the cables. (but as I said it won't make much difference anyway)
            Urban Archery
            Carbon Express
            Beiter
            Truball/Axcel
            Redback Strings

Before enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water
            After enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water

Comment

Working...
            X