This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James Park View Post
    Since doing my extensive mathematical modelling of an arrow leaving a recurve bow I am now skipping that bit and going straight to a bare shaft test with a medium to firm pressure button and the centre shot set just a little out from centre.
    Thanks for the response James. That's even simpler. I like it.

But, it raises the question in my mind of why we have a pressure button at all if we can shoot the bow perfectly well without one (or, with a matchstick in place) during the tuning process. WHat's different once we put the spring back in and re-adjust the centreshot? Smaller groups? More 'forgiving'?

I have a sneaking suspicion I sound like an idiot but it's not obvious to me.

Ben
    In theory, practice follows theory. In practice, theory often follows practice.

Comment

Possibly a really strange question, but is she using one eye fot targeting, or both??
      Setting standards low, to avoid disappointment

Comment

I'm confused by

- Shoot some fletched and some unfletched arrows at about 15-20M. Adjust the nocking point so that the fletched and unfletched arrows hit at the same height.

- Adjust the bow's draw weight so that the fletched and unfletched arrows hit the same place horizontally. Note that if the arrows are not the correct size, this step will not be possible, and there will be little you can do to fix it (sell the arrows and ...

Aren't height and horizontal the same? I don't understand why two methods would be used ie nocking height to get the shafts hitting at the same height and then adjusting draw weight to get them horizontal?

Comment

1st part is vertical so same height VERTICAL. for nocking point, then adjust bow weight or point weight so same HORIZONTAL point
          3 Prices in life
          1 The price you paid
          2 The price you told her you paid
          3 The you pay when she finds out the real price you paid

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us that who do

Comment

Ok got it thanks.

Comment

Another question. Curious to know what affect the cushion plunger has had on arrow flight.

After it was introduced how far right did the arrows land compared to the solid rests on recurve bows before then. At say 30 metres.

Comment

A question:

I was still shooting indoor, and two weeks ago, i shot 291, a new PB.
                when last saturday i went outside to 60 meters, my grouping in height was great, but my width sucked, going from left 7 to right 7.
                Any advice for this?

Piet

Comment

I just got a new arrow rest (the Spigarelli Arrow Rest Evolution 2, to be exact) and I just wanted to know. There's two holes for me to put the button through and put my rest on. Which one should I use, and what's the difference in using one or the other?

Comment

I shoot BB recurve, no clicker so I'm able to use different length arrows

Using the Stu Miller's Spine calculator, by varying the length and spine only, everything else stay constant
                    Two different arrows
                    1. longer, stiff static spine, heavier due to gpi of stiff spine and length (i'm currently using, bow tuned and arrow hitting centre)
                    2. short, less static spine, lighter (planning to make)
                    Both arrows have the same calculated dynamic spine weight of 51lb, match my bows calculated dynamic spine weight of 51lb

Question is, besides the obvious speed issues, will both arrows shoot the same?
                    Can I shoot the shorter arrow without disturbing the plunger, brace height settings all currently tuned to the longer arrow? Main concern is will the short arrow hit center or veer off left/right
                    The purpose of this is to use light/faster arrows for long distances, and heavy/slow arrows for short distance so that less string walking is involved, less stress on the lower limb and lower the impact of tiller setting at different string walk distances, hope it make sense

Another Q, with the a plunger, does the strike plate center cut distance matter anymore? or is the plunger tip to be used as the strike plate position instead?
                    Last edited by Magehunter; 23rd September 2016, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Made the arrows anyway, turns out the shorter arrow is slightly stiffer, even though the calculated dynamic spines are the same, shorter arrows grouping 2 points to the left at 50m, and also less tolerate to errors

Comment

Working...
                      X