The importance of cardiovascular training for your archery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crosshairs View Post
    Great for sex too. Sex makes a dude happy. Happy dudes shoot good scores. Something like that.

This hypothesis requires extensive research. Any volunteers?
    "I used to read, but it's faster to make up stuff" - Wally (Dilbert)

Comment

I was getting shoulder injurys from archery, I went to the physio and she said I was weak in the shoulders. She gave me two, 2kg weights and asked me to hold them in front of me with my elbows bent at about 90 degres. Then I had to lift them above my head and repeat till I could not do it any more. I couldnt do too many. I am now lifting 12kg in each hand for twently times a set a few times a week. My shoulders are pain free now.

Comment

. Cardio fitness means a lower heart rate not just for resting, but for the same amount of work or effort done by someone of lower cardio fitness.
        2. Recovery time is much faster with a better fitness level.
        3. When archers train or practice shooting, their heart rate slows during the holding period of the shot cycle. It's something beneficial that we unintentionally learn how to do.
        plate

Comment

Originally posted by plate View Post
          . ...When archers train or practice shooting, their heart rate slows during the holding period of the shot cycle. It's something beneficial that we unintentionally learn how to do.
          I'm pretty sure the opposite showed when they were monitoring World Cup shooters' heart rates last year. Maybe it's different if there isn't so much pressure - and it would certainly be very "cool", but I'd like to see some evidence of this.

Comment

Working...
          X