Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm Dying Of cancer or bored to death by holier then Thou dipsticks, wonder which would be the most painful!
    I don't believe in what You say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
    Si vis pacem,para bellum.

Comment

The last of my kids great grandparents died a slow agonizing death from emphysema over a 3 or 4 year period. A smoker all his life he asked me to sit with him and video him gasping to stay alive with an oxygen mask and bottle about 4 weeks before he died. He wanted me to have a video to show my kids where they would end up if they smoked. It was an awful experience to watch and I have only ever watched it once.

Fortunately I've never had a reason to play it to my kids.
      Et iurisperitus est iuvenis sagittarius

Comment

powerful story, Mark. and yet amazingly there are still those that persist in remaining in denial.
        sigpic
        Viper Strings

Comment

Scott, your comments have as much effect as pissing in the ocean. You obviously live the most perfect life, because you feel such a strong need to tell us how to live ours. I'm well aware the affects of smoking and cancer. Do you think your telling us something that we don't know, really? What you should do is find a web site that wants to hear what you have to say and then you can chat about this **** all day long.

Comment

I'm not telling you how to live your life, but I'm going to criticise your defending the indefensible every time you attempt to do so.

you're free to kill yourself if you like, as long as I don't have to pay for it, put up with seeing it, deal with the secondhand smoke associated with it, or put up with the goddamn litter of the butts smokers think it's their god given right to throw on the ground.

not smoking is easy. I do it every single day. it's a choice I made, you're free to do the same. you're either trying self justify lacking the willpower to do the same, or have chosen to ignore every piece of medical advice on what we know is the surface of the populated universe that it's a filthy habit that kills people.

by all means feel free to pick either of the above.

a third alternative is to accept it's an indefensible position and that there's nothing you can say in favour of smoking whatsoever, which is where I came in, and to stop replying.
            sigpic
            Viper Strings

Comment

If they banned smoking all together and the government received no money from it, you my friend, would be the first one to complain about higher taxes in some other form.

Fact, you will pay for smokers with higher health insurance, you will see it, you will occasionally smell second hand smoke, you will have to put up with butts on the ground. No use sooking about it thats life, deal with it. There are plenty of areas where smoking is banned, stick to them!

Comment

Well can we all just live and let live!!! Each to thare own! And leave it at that!! This space can be used for better thing than going on and on with this bull****!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crae View Post
                  Well can we all just live and let live!!! Each to thare own! And leave it at that!! This space can be used for better thing than going on and on with this bull****!!!
                  +1. Take it to publicpolicy-forum.com
                  In theory, practice follows theory. In practice, theory often follows practice.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez View Post
                    If they banned smoking all together and the government received no money from it, you my friend, would be the first one to complain about higher taxes in some other form.
                    rubbish. it's well documented that the public health costs of smoking well outweigh the meagre taxation revenue gained. some basic research will tell you the same if you're actually interested in the facts as opposed to defending a viewpoint that you find convenient.

Fact, you will pay for smokers with higher health insurance, you will see it, you will occasionally smell second hand smoke, you will have to put up with butts on the ground. No use sooking about it thats life, deal with it.
                    smoking will soon be abolished by a combination of taxation, education of people young enough to be willing to learn, and eventually banning. it might take a while, but it will happen.

There are plenty of areas where smoking is banned, stick to them!
                    there's now one additional place you're banned now, sport - from my post feed. you are obviously a fool and thus I'm not interested in anything further you have to say. kerplonk.
                    Last edited by scott p; 1st July 2013, 11:13 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Viper Strings

Comment

Weeping Jesus on the cross, ENOUGH ALREADY! Mods... help!
                      In theory, practice follows theory. In practice, theory often follows practice.

Comment

Get a life dingbat.

Comment

Working...
                        X