Bursitis in my right shoulder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bursitis in my right shoulder

I have devleoped mild bursitis in my right shoulder, and get some mild pain and discomfort when drawing my bow. (PSE Stinger compound bow, currently running at 43lb) Any hints on management, or exercise and treatment to overcome this troublesome problem?

Go see a doctor. Rest. And go see a doctor.
    With my bursitis I found that Traumeel cream helped to bring the inflammation down. And did I mention to go see a doctor?

Comment

Scan shows ligament wear and tear, with swelling of the bursa, perhaps contributed to by having too many birthdays. Treament has been contisone shot, rest, physio, and I'll keep on with than until I see some improvement. "You must be a patient patient grasshopper....."

Comment

One thing to watch is your draw technique. Most people draw level with their shoulders, usually to stop sky drawing, however this puts a heap of pressure on the shoulder joint, tendons and bursa. The key is to start with your release hand above your eye level and then drawback and downwards.
        This video is great for showing it.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gexDLptcios
        Urban Archery
        Carbon Express
        Beiter
        Truball/Axcel
        Redback Strings

Before enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water
        After enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus View Post
          One thing to watch is your draw technique. Most people draw level with their shoulders, usually to stop sky drawing, however this puts a heap of pressure on the shoulder joint, tendons and bursa. The key is to start with your release hand above your eye level and then drawback and downwards.
          This video is great for showing it.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gexDLptcios
          Thanks Marcus. Once the shoulder settles down, I'll drop my poundage and give it a try.

Comment

Working...
          X