Draw length - form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draw length - form

Any constructive comments on form ect. welcome.
    I know my DL is long. Would anybody hazard a guess as by how much?
    I need to order cams so if It can be narrowed down some, hopefully we can get the right one the first time.
    Draw long

Can't see clearly from the picture, but I think you're standing very open with your shoulders. So it could be your bow DL is about correct, but you need to rotate al little more in the draw to get your draw arm shoulder more in line (like the girl in the article here).

Comment

In response to the previous post I decided to included this photo

Comment

In the first picture I appear to be leaning back. I don’t feel comfortable at full draw thou I’m more comfortable now, than when I first got the bow.

Comment

You want your draw elbow in line behind the arrow. You're using your bicep to keep your hand at anchor instead of drawing on your back.
          The lean will sort itself out with correct posture (core stability) and proper back tension on the draw and hold.

Comment

Its impossible to accurately tell if you are too long because you are distorting your form too much.
            Set you draw shoulder down and in and then draw without moving it and without moving your head or the bow to anchor. That will then tell you if its right.
            Using the string position to determine draw length is really bad.

How tall are you and what draw length is the bow set to?
            Urban Archery
            Carbon Express
            Beiter
            Truball/Axcel
            Redback Strings

Before enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water
            After enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus View Post
              Its impossible to accurately tell if you are too long because you are distorting your form too much.
              Set you draw shoulder down and in and then draw without moving it and without moving your head or the bow to anchor. That will then tell you if its right.
              Using the string position to determine draw length is really bad.

How tall are you and what draw length is the bow set to?
              I’m about 168 cm. The bows set at 29”.

As I’ve stated before I use a hinge release, which I’m finding difficult to get comfortable at anchor. I’m consious of my shoulder/ back muscles.
              Towards the end of this round I just tried to relax my shoulder. This started to feel a bit better.
              Marcus, do you have any reference to “Set your shoulder down and IN”

Thanks for the comments,

Comment

Originally posted by ThomVis View Post
                You want your draw elbow in line behind the arrow. You're using your bicep to keep your hand at anchor instead of drawing on your back.
                The lean will sort itself out with correct posture (core stability) and proper back tension on the draw and hold.
                Thanks for the comment, I do see what your referring too. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to see through the peep if the answer is to bring my bow arm in line with my release arm.
                Im aware of the lack of back tension which I’ve been trying to work on, but it’s not working. Just relaxed towards the end of this round which did improve.
                I try something different next weekend.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIQo0fZVIro
                  Urban Archery
                  Carbon Express
                  Beiter
                  Truball/Axcel
                  Redback Strings

Comment

Cheers, I’m going to try and watch all Griv’s vids one day.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomVis View Post
                      Can't see clearly from the picture, but I think you're standing very open with your shoulders. So it could be your bow DL is about correct, but you need to rotate al little more in the draw to get your draw arm shoulder more in line (like the girl in the article here).
                      After taking a closer look at my last photo and reading this, I decided to see if I could align my draw arm with my bow arm.
                      The method I used was to stand backed up to a wall (without bow in hand) as I would at full draw. With my bow arm and shoulder blades against the wall, I found i couldn’t touch the wall with my draw arm never mind my ellbow.
                      With a bit of a stretch I managed to get some contact, but after relaxing it felt like my arm seperated at the elbow. Ouch!
                      Now! I am a firm believer of stretching but now I also know I don’t do enough.

Comment

Originally posted by wormo View Post

After taking a closer look at my last photo and reading this, I decided to see if I could align my draw arm with my bow arm.
                        The method I used was to stand backed up to a wall (without bow in hand) as I would at full draw. With my bow arm and shoulder blades against the wall, I found i couldn’t touch the wall with my draw arm never mind my ellbow.
                        With a bit of a stretch I managed to get some contact, but after relaxing it felt like my arm seperated at the elbow. Ouch!
                        Now! I am a firm believer of stretching but now I also know I don’t do enough.
                        Why would you want to do that? Its not a recurve bow.
                        Urban Archery
                        Carbon Express
                        Beiter
                        Truball/Axcel
                        Redback Strings

Comment

Your draw arm shouldn't touch the wall. Maybe just your draw arm shoulder, but that's up to you. You want your draw arm elbow in line with the arrow:

Which you can do by rotating more to get your shoulders more in line. This picture (stolen from AT) shows that in a schematic:

Here you see an example of a bow shoulder "down and in":

Last edited by ThomVis; 7th March 2018, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X