Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH archer shooting to Right (RHS) of target at 70 yds

Hi All,

Just after some opinions about form or bow tuning with the above scenario. I'm hitting consistently to the RHS by about 10cm and exacerbated with incline(60m, 50m as well). I have set the bow up as below and now feel it is more of a form problem. Recent focus has been on bringing my rear (L) elbow, hence going back to evo around which has helped with release of the shot, but not my 70m problem

I'm shooting;
    Hoyt pro edge elite @50lb and 29.25DL
    Bow is tuned to next to no cam lean at full draw and the same at brace
    1st, 2nd and 3rd Axis have all been adjusted using Hamskea 3rd axis level. 3rd axis at full draw.
    Centre shot by modified french tuning out to 40m-( as far as I can go), and sits inline with bow string with arrow on rest.

Release aid is evolution Mini - pull through/ back tension

All thoughts appreciated

Do you have a big stabiliser pointing out the rear on the left side, with nothing on the right?
    Last edited by Andy!; 14th March 2018, 09:00 PM. Reason: Whoops, thinking right handed, not left handed.
    Status is not defined by the amount of gear in your signature.
    Performance cannot be purchased.

"The Internet offers everything - except quality control" - K. Anders Ericsson.

Comment

I do...12" with 21oz on the back and 33" with 7 on the front...... rear set on low mount 20deg lateral and 30deg down, front straight out

Comment

The bit about being exacerbated with incline, and a Pro Edge Elite are the two bits of info which makes me think that you are having a subtle torque problem.
        Have you torque compensated your sight extension length?

I expect the easiest way to see if it's causing the issue is to bring your rear stab as close to the string as you can and see if that changes things. If you have the gear lying around, try a set of V bars so that your left and right balance stays the same.

Comment

Thanks Andy,
          I have set might sight for torque +/- 0.5 inch 7inch bar set at full length depending which scope I'm using. I did this by firm grip left and firm grip right (both Really exaggerated) @60yds. Though I may still have had a bit RHS of target about the same as the problem I have ATM (but that was really exaggerated torque) I'll bring my stabiliser in and give it a shot.. couple of days until I get to the range.
          Last edited by Young1; 15th March 2018, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks Andy, Moved my rear stabiliser in as suggested and shot an IFAA Indoor last night with an improved x count, which gave me a good feeling you may have been onto something... So out to the range today which unfortunately is all flat but still gave me the 70 yds I wanted and the results are below.. This is my tuning target my level is out of shot on top of the target butt.

Comment

Cool. That's looking like you'd want it.

One of the things that George Ryals talked about was compensating for the changes in balance of the bow because of high and low shots. His front stabiliser is kicked out slightly to the left to compensate for shooting at a greater incline with a right side siderod.
              If this sounds odd, if we think of the bow in a normal shooting position, we have a long rod with a small weight on one side, and a shorter rod with a bigger weight on the other.
              Typically, they're both below the attachment point of the hand, so the bow is dynamically stable.
              Now if you imagine yourself doing a super high draw, pointing directly upwards. The stabiliser weight is trying to get to the middle of the earth due to gravity, so it will tilt one way or the other. Just to help it along, there's a siderod now acting like a canoe outrigger. The bow will try to torque itself to the side of the siderod when pointed straight up.

Because we know that the balance and stability is fine in the normal position, yet turns to custard when elevated straight up, the transition must be gradual from one to the other as we lift our bow arm (or lower it)

Target archers might not need to care. Field archers on crazy elevations or declinations might be affected by this.

Having the front stabiliser slightly out to the side means that when the bow is elevated, there is always some mass on either side of the pivot point.

Comment

So time to start experimenting with a 10deg down disconnect.. At the recent ABA national safari like many other shots around the place of late the winds at times were quite strong and persistent... this possed a bit of a problem for me especially out on the flats and partially at least to not have enough lateral stabiliser (I think). On the more sheltered inclines my shot was rock steady... I feel in the first instant that I should be able to return to a similar -original side mount position as the 10deg down will enable a near horizontal front stabiliser position at longer distances and shots with incline to 10deg which are not that common locally. I'll then start work with lateral kick left out the front as above... officially a Tinkerer ( without the wings or the skirt).

Comment

Working...
                X