Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help and advice

https://youtu.be/9Fwp70EbSGc

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbms7j8i1h..._3674.MOV?dl=0 (hopefully the link works)

I have a couple of questions regarding my form (or lack of). I've had a 15 year break from archery, I shot mostly recurve but bought this Hoyt UltraTec just before I decided no more archery. I've decided to start shooting compound and enjoying it again but i'm not confident in what I'm doing. I'm shooting indoors averaging 290+ shooting the Aus1 round, just after a couple of weeks shooting.

Not sure if it's clear in the video but i feel i have to move my head around to get a good anchor and probably not the most consistent. Wondering if it's peep height, draw length, string angle or something else?

Any other critique is welcome.

One other thing.... the bow is 37.5" ATA. I'm going to be getting something new hopefully in the next couple of months and wondering if 37 or 40" would suit me more?
    Last edited by andy; 2 weeks ago.

You may wish to put that video on youtube so that more people look at it.
    Status is not defined by the amount of gear in your signature.
    Performance cannot be purchased.

"The Internet offers everything - except quality control" - K. Anders Ericsson.

Comment

I took slo-motion video from different angles of myself shooting, which revealed a significant fault in my technique, which I have corrected and accuracy and group size has improved. As a beginner I have a lot to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy! View Post
        You may wish to put that video on youtube so that more people look at it.
        Just added YouTube link too.

Comment

just my 2c- your DL looks fair in terms of minimising string contact with the face, would be useful to see from behind/above at full draw.

anchor seems reasonable.

what does jump out is nodding your head to see the peep once you come to anchor, suspect the peep needs to come up a bit so your head can remain upright.
          sigpic
          Viper Strings

Comment

Originally posted by scott p View Post
            just my 2c- your DL looks fair in terms of minimising string contact with the face, would be useful to see from behind/above at full draw.

anchor seems reasonable.

what does jump out is nodding your head to see the peep once you come to anchor, suspect the peep needs to come up a bit so your head can remain upright.
            I think you were right about the peep. I did move it up a bit, after i took this video. I'll see if I can get some other angles soon. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X