Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

even at $5.50 I'm pretty much paying for the difference in shaft costs.
    sigpic
    Viper Strings

Comment

I find the major contributor to my arrow choice is the targets themselves. In WA the state/national indoor is shot on strammit buts.
      On strammit targets of any kind, I have found that aluminium arrows are alot easier on the shoulders to pull out. One year I shot carbon arrows (with lube) and we were just able to get the arrows out with two people and a foot on the but.. The past years I'd used 2315 ally shafts and they were manageable on my own most of the time.
      However, if i was shooting on a Danage, Eleven etc... Type target butt I would have no problems with using carbon shafts. .
      2016 Hoyt Podium X37 Harvest Brown
      Scout Stabilizers
      Carter Enterprises
      GoldTip Arrows
      Trophy Taker
      Archery WA

Comment

Originally posted by Craig_64 View Post
        I find the major contributor to my arrow choice is the targets themselves. In WA the state/national indoor is shot on strammit buts.
        On strammit targets of any kind, I have found that aluminium arrows are alot easier on the shoulders to pull out. One year I shot carbon arrows (with lube) and we were just able to get the arrows out with two people and a foot on the but.. The past years I'd used 2315 ally shafts and they were manageable on my own most of the time.
        However, if i was shooting on a Danage, Eleven etc... Type target butt I would have no problems with using carbon shafts. .
        When I read this all I could think about is GT's comment on one of the podcasts, you don't shoot 21st century arrows into 14th century butts.
        Staff Shooter OK Archery, BCE targets
        A Bad days archery is better then a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by Craig_64 View Post
          Our club was the same and for years I used alloy but changed to Carbon partly because I got sick of them bending. The right carbon would last 2-3 times longer.
          Now we use the Rinehart Brickwall and it's easily the best indoor target on the market.
          Urban Archery
          Carbon Express
          Beiter
          Truball/Axcel
          Redback Strings

Before enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water
          After enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water

Comment

Hello all,
            I'm looking to pull the trigger on some indoor arrows and am stuck between the x23, Triumph, BE Challengers and CE X-Busters.
            What are some folks thoughts on which shaft to go with? I wouldn't mind buying a whole dozen and have them double as field arrows too so you could probably add some other options if you've got some advice.
            I shoot a 29.75", 380 spine with 115 grain tungsten points out of a 2013 PCE XL, 30" draw, 58#.
            Points will be heavyish and vanes will be in the 3-4" version.
            Cheers,
            Phil

Sent from my Ultraphone 5000 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want a field/indoor arrow I would highly recommend the CXL from Carbon Express. I've shot my PB IFAA rounds with them and also shot some of my better indoor scores too. The previous world indoor record was 599 inner 10 with them so they have proven results.
              If you want an indoor only arrow the X-Busters are incredibly durable. In my experience the most durable of the ones you mentioned. Also just won the world indoor as well.
              Urban Archery
              Carbon Express
              Beiter
              Truball/Axcel
              Redback Strings

Before enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water
              After enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water

Comment

Working...
              X