Scopes at the Australian National Indoor Championship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scopes at the Australian National Indoor Championship

I have just been informed by the venue organizing committee that scopes will not be permitted on the range for use during the Australian National Indoor Competition. This seems a little odd to me and I do believe this puts me at a slight disadvantage to other competitors at other venues where scopes could be used. I was just wondering on the validity of the decision made by the organising committee to impose a venue based ban on standard gear which would normally be allowed at any other comp or venue.

Use binos

Comment

Well, I guess that you can always go to another venue if a scope means that much to you. The venue committee can do what it likes though.
      How do you figure that you're at a disadvantage?
      Status is not defined by the amount of gear in your signature.
      Performance cannot be purchased.

"The Internet offers everything - except quality control" - K. Anders Ericsson.

Comment

when you say "scope", are you thinking of a spotting scope on a tripod, a compound scope on the end of your sight... because one is standard equipment which would be allowed at other comps and venues, and one I think I've almost only ever seen at outdoor events...

Comment

If there are A and B shooters imagine the carnage. Not sure I have ever seen anyone using scopes indoor, just not enough space .... but it has been a while.

Comment

I asked about spotting scopes for target once about being in front of the line (yes different scenario I know). The answer I was given was "as long as it doesn't interfere with another archer". Whilst Indoor is a different kettle of fish, I think the same rules apply. (Another judge can over ride me if they know which rule applies. I would love to know as I'm currently "in training" to judge and will be judging the Indoor Nats at AIM in Vic). However, I don't think I've seen anyone use a spotting scope for indoor. I don't use one and I also don't believe it's necessary. Good quality binos should be/are sufficient.

Nothing's forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten - Robin of Sherwood.

sigpic

Reverse Sponsor of the Richmond Football Club.

Comment

Working...
            X