Scopes at the Australian National Indoor Championship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scopes at the Australian National Indoor Championship

I have just been informed by the venue organizing committee that scopes will not be permitted on the range for use during the Australian National Indoor Competition. This seems a little odd to me and I do believe this puts me at a slight disadvantage to other competitors at other venues where scopes could be used. I was just wondering on the validity of the decision made by the organising committee to impose a venue based ban on standard gear which would normally be allowed at any other comp or venue.

Use binos

Comment

Well, I guess that you can always go to another venue if a scope means that much to you. The venue committee can do what it likes though.
      How do you figure that you're at a disadvantage?
      Status is not defined by the amount of gear in your signature.
      Performance cannot be purchased.

"The Internet offers everything - except quality control" - K. Anders Ericsson.

Comment

when you say "scope", are you thinking of a spotting scope on a tripod, a compound scope on the end of your sight... because one is standard equipment which would be allowed at other comps and venues, and one I think I've almost only ever seen at outdoor events...

Comment

If there are A and B shooters imagine the carnage. Not sure I have ever seen anyone using scopes indoor, just not enough space .... but it has been a while.

Comment

I asked about spotting scopes for target once about being in front of the line (yes different scenario I know). The answer I was given was "as long as it doesn't interfere with another archer". Whilst Indoor is a different kettle of fish, I think the same rules apply. (Another judge can over ride me if they know which rule applies. I would love to know as I'm currently "in training" to judge and will be judging the Indoor Nats at AIM in Vic). However, I don't think I've seen anyone use a spotting scope for indoor. I don't use one and I also don't believe it's necessary. Good quality binos should be/are sufficient.

Nothing's forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten - Robin of Sherwood.

sigpic

Reverse Sponsor of the Richmond Football Club.

Comment

My club's venue wouldn't allow them on the line either, simply not enough room for them. I've never seen them used indoor. Best to take binos for all indoor events.
              Urban Archery
              Carbon Express
              Beiter
              Truball/Axcel
              Redback Strings

Before enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water
              After enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water

Comment

Working...
              X